Carpentry Story 🪓🌲
A downloadable game
🌲Meet new villagers
A game by Michal Malcharek
- fixed bug with giving stools to bartender
- fixed lighting in the bar cellar
- fixed bug with multiple (over and over) delivery from Takano
- fixed bug with the middle-row bookshelf already filled up with books
Version 1.5.4-fix is out!
- fixed a problem with starting the game
Version 1.5.4 is out!
- fixed a lot of little bugs (thanks to Renomi)
Version 1.5.3 with a quick fix is out!
- fixed problems with teleporting to wrong place after leaving the mine (thanks to Renomi)
- fixed problem with using escape rope (thanks to Renomi)
Version 1.5.3 is out!
- completely reworked mine (thanks to Studio Blue for suggestion), now all the rooms/floors are generated as you enter the cave, not only rocks are randomly generated
Version 1.5.2 is out!
- fixed wrong recipe display for kitchen shelf (thanks to Renomi)
- fixed bug with tailor shop closed forever (thanks to Renomi)
- fixed bug with buyable curtains in tailor shop not showing up (thanks to Renomi)
- added pet bowl and pet food, so now you can feed your pet!
Version 1.5.1 is out!
- fixed small bugs
Version 1.5.0 is out!
- fixed bug with mining stairs (again!)
- fixed bug with time passing while leaving the Inn
- added new tools: hammer (you can't repair or build without it) and lantern (you need it to chop down trees during night)
- removed "clear" level from workshop; added storage chest instead
- added weather system (rainy days)
- added mirror-blueprint for bed and flower stand (alternative way to craft it)
- added new furniture to decorate your house: fridge, stove, lamp, mirror
- added new object: blueprint scanner, which allows you to load blueprint on construction grid
- added some story-driving tips
- changed visual of checking blueprints
- changed some villagers appearance
- curtains are avaible at tailor shop
- groceries are avaible at cafe, you can use them for cooking
- added cutscene in library
- gathering logs after cutting tree takes less time
- changed blueprint pattern for barrel and sawbuck
- recipes with iron now require iron clamps instead; upgrading tool require iron without processing
- added information about earning while donating furniture to villagers
- changed the way to throw away items (trashcan)
- you can upgrade your house (kitchen area)
- and much more!
Version 1.4.4 is out!
- fixed bug with dissappearing mine stairs (thanks to Renomi)
- rebalanced prices in market stand
- you can sell more items and cooked food at the market
- added beehives randomly found in trees (you can sell them)
- added barrels in mine (you can find some coins inside them)
- firewood now can be sold to the Inn (can't sold at market anymore)
- you can buy cookies as a take-away energy restorer in the Cafe
- you can put tablecloth on tables (in your house)
- added fishing spot in ocean; added prawns and corals
Version 1.4.3 is out!
- fixed bug with Bakery owner not showing up (thanks to @Mickychi)
Version 1.4.2 is out!
Thanks again to @SeaPhoenix for all the bug hunting, grammar fixes and suggestions:
- applied text/dialogue fixes
- fixed bug with no recipe for Flower Stand
- fixed bug with unlimited Bookshelves units in library
- fixed bug with Table appearing in wrong place after crafting
- fixed problem with got stuck in Tailor's after giving her Spinning Wheel (while being on the right side of the counter)
- fixed bug with teleporting to the wrong spot while it's late and you're in Tailor Shop
- fixed bug with founding Pub Key more than once
- fixed bug with "mine is repaired" message all of sudden (while mine is not repaired yet)
- fixed cutscene bug with Mr. Whiskers appearing in wrong time
Version 1.4.1(fixed mayor bug) is out!
Thanks to @SeaPhoenix, a mayor bug that prevented game progress was fixed.
Version 1.4.1 is out!
- fixed some bugs
- house furnishing implemented
- game ending implemented
Version 1.4.0 is out!
- grid crafting system completely reworked (now it's a script, not only eventing - this change is not visible, just for a better performance, thanks to qwelukasz)
- new locations: forest, beach and mine
- more trees to cut in the forest area
- buildings are now locked, you need to find the right keys to open it
- new materials to find in mine (stone, iron, quartz)
- new character added - sailor
- changed materials request while fixing house (now you need also beams and stones to fix gaps)
- village square now also needs to be repaired
- you can build pier on the beach area and sell unnecessary furniture
- visual improvements, locations retouched (but forest and village still need this)
- new furniture/blueprint added
- reworked menu (ESC)
- more balanced weather (less rainy days)
- fixed bug with Cellar Key not showing up (thanks @samaliah)
- fixed problem with lost bedding while failed with bed recipe (thanks @cactusanctuary)
- fixed bug: can't picking up barrel after crafting
- linen chest now stay open to let you know that there is nothing left inside (thanks @cactusanctuary for suggestion)
- deleted invisible debug event in Cafe (thanks @Sanyee)
- changed way to obtain Fleece Wheel (not buyable anymore)
- fixed bug with people not arriving to village (thanks @Yurash, @Winterflowr)
- increased maximum stamina (working even more?! nah)
- you can store lumber in wood storage
- you can customize your house with own made furniture
- old stove in house is now working! Let's lit the fire.
- changed some shop mechanics (now you can buy some items placed on the counter)
- changed lights/shadows effects
- added chopping animation, yay
- changed some dialogues/messages, added tutorial messages
- added fishing system (thanks for voting), you can also cook your meal!
- added story progression tips and scenes
- addes HUD with savings (gold), day ingame and name of the actual day
- fixed a lot of bugs after testing by @Sunjean (thanks!)